Mr. BHAGWAT KUMAR SHAH
Nationality :- British UK Mobile 07802 453 470
Email :- Bhagwat.firstname.lastname@example.org uk.linkedin.com/in/bhagwatshah/
Project Manager with proven skills in planning, financial management, infrastructure, upgrades, roll outs, business continuity, disaster recovery and global working in a matrix team environment. Strong communication skills demonstrated by ability to simplify complex detail for stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including senior executives, engineers, vendors and business partners. Proven ability to deliver multiple complex projects concurrently on time and within budget.
UK Government Security Clearance (SC) till June 2022.
Royal Sun Alliance UK Ltd May – December 2013
PM in Profitability Team
Delivered Qlikview in the Cloud environment to provide business intelligence and improved profitability for RSA’s commercial division through in-depth analysis of MI data. Vendor Management and POC for the Management Intelligence team.
Dunnhumby UK Ltd 2012 – 2013
Delivered scope and servers with requisite environments, training, project plan & “proof of concept” for transformation & migration of SAS data to Oracle Exadata for Tesco UK.
IBM UK Ltd 2002 – 2012
Project Manager [2006 – 2012]
Managed cross sector, cross platform clients in retail, commercial, government, banks and financial institutions.
· Consulted on future IT strategy, identified additional value add services for my customers, managed customer expectation and ensured customer satisfaction to grow our business.
· Co-ordinated vendors & business partners, scheduled on-site and remote work to suit customer needs, contractual requirements and approved budget.
· Regularly handled multiple clients and projects concurrently, working in a matrix environment and mentored junior team members.
PM for infrastructure, transformation, roll outs and data-centre migration
Successfully handled data-warehousing, IT audit, consolidation, migration, transformations and global roll outs for customers such as State Street Bank, Dixons Group, DEFRA, Friends Life and Atradius. Typically these were large infrastructure, enterprise projects, with long life cycles lasting anywhere from six months to a year.
· Rolled out over 2000 desktops in 2 months across Europe and UK. Successfully managed stakeholders, engineers, vendors and business partners to achieve our goals.
· Managed critical situations to avoid customer satisfaction issues and litigation procedures.
· Coordinated installations, server and software configuration and VMware implementation.
PM for SAP implementation and Test Manager
Implemented new banking and operational SAP processes for Nationwide Building Society and Diageo international across four continents.
· Successfully completed five projects concurrently over six month period on-time and within original budget for Diageo.
· Implemented full life cycle of several projects from scoping, recruitment, proof of concept, development, sandbox, user acceptance test through to delivery.
· Championed a “proof-of-concept” SAP solution for banking, leading to a lucrative deal with Nationwide Building Society. Lead a team of developers and testers, approving and analysing test scripts and assessing results for the building society.
PM for Storage – SAN, SVC and XIV
Successfully managed full life cycle implementation of new storage systems at Reuters, Dixons, BMA and Sainsbury’s SAN projects.
· Managed proof of concepts, installations, configurations and end-to-end delivery.
· Consulted & implemented disaster recovery solutions to reduce down-time and avoid loss of service.
IBM Technical Account Manager [2004 – 2006]
Trusted technical advisor for IBM customers to make sure they make the best use of their IT investment, for various banks and retail customers including Morgan Stanley and John Lewis.
· Promoted win-win solution for customers and IBM by overseeing bench marking, testing, training, server management, strategic upgrades, roll outs and problem resolution.
· Facilitated speedy problem resolution, smooth implementation of x-Series servers & blades.
· Consulted on “Integrated Racking Solution” for enhanced cooling in data-centres.
Executive Solution Consultant
[2002 – 2004]
Provided hardware and software support for top executives at American Express.
Public Speaking and Voluntary work at IBM
· Selected to present technical paper on xSeries servers at IBM’s European Technical STG conference in (Paris 2007 and Seville 2008)
· Selected to present a paper on business benefits of promoting diversity at IBM’s Project Management conference (NPMI) in Northampton 2008
· Elected leader of Ethnic Diversity group UK (2006 – 2009)
· Committee member of IBM’s Capital Club (2010 – 2012)
American Express Ltd 1997 – 2002
Executive Solution Consultant and Senior Support Engineer
In charge of IT services at five American Express offices across London.
· Initiated and managed “Executive Solutions” to deliver American Express’s “Black Card” equivalent of “superior IT service” for Presidents, SVPs and selected VPs in UK (2000 – 2004).
· Designed, planned and led the roll out of DHCP across five European offices.
· Given “Chairman’s Award for Quality” for improving the Procurement Process (1998).
Other jobs – contract and permanent 1887-1997
Natwest, Lloyds, Eastern Electricity, Royal Collections, Steam International, NCR, Bank Paribas.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
· Qualified WWPM Associate Project Manager (IBM’s equivalent to PMP).
· Qualified Advisory IT Professional in IBM’s own Professions group.
· Microsoft Office, MS Project, IBM’s xSeries Servers, Leadership Development.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
· Created a website attracting around 500 visitors per day, dedicated to Indian philosophy, art and culture - http://www.pushti-marg.net/index.html
· Civilian Instructor at Air Training Corps (ATC). By working with local community and schools, cadet numbers have risen from 20 to over 70. (2009 – To present).